Black Dura-ceramic Surgical Instruments
A perfect combination of tungsten carbide (Tc) seamlessly bonded with stainless steel and ceramic coating on the instruments. These instruments are manufactured to last and retain their sharpness for a longer period. These instruments are engineered to deliver superior performance through enhanced precision and innovation.
Why Invest in Black Dura-Ceramic Instruments:
- Tungsten Carbide inserts: Tungsten carbide scissors, generally denoted by gold handles, have an insert of tungsten carbide welded into the jaws, which serve as the cutting edge. Tungsten carbide will hold an edge longer than stainless steel and maximize the time between sharpening.
- Supercut Blades: Supercut scissors are designed to provide a smooth cut by combining a razor-sharp blade with a lower micro-fine serrated blade. The combination helps hold tissue and prevents slippage.
- Ceramic Coating
- Reduced eye fatigue through no glare, light-absorbing black surface
- Performance engineered coating for optimal edge retention Longer
- Distinct black finish for enriched contrast and visual acuity at the surgical site and underlying tissue
- Product Life:
- Higher hardness: up to 10 times harder than stainless steel
- Lower friction than stainless steel: up to 60% lower wear rate
- Resistance against corrosion better than stainless steel through Al2O3 formation
- Easier cleaning and reprocessing due to hydrophobic properties.
- Gold screw for easy identification of Super-Cut design.
- 100% Anti-Allergic due to the absence of Chromium and Nickel in the surface layer.
Ceramic Surgical Instruments
Designed for performance, these Instruments are engineered to optimize clinical outcomes by delivering efficiency throughout the entire surgical procedure. From reducing light reflection to enhancing visibility at the surgical site, the Black Line was designed with the clinician in mind. Black ceramic coatings are not only visually attractive but are also particularly suitable for surgical instruments. Receive your instrument with a ceramic coating finish and benefit from cost reduction and improved ease of use.
Ceramic Coating is available in
- Scissors (General, Tc, and supercut available)
- Needle Holders (General, Tc, and diamond dust available)
- Bone Forceps & Rongeurs (General and Tc inserts available)
We, however, can offer most surgical and dental instruments with ceramic coating as per our customers’ requests and recommendations.